Your dental practice needs powerful tools to manage patients, appointments, and communication if you expect to be profitable in this competitive environment. The good news is that there are tons of integrated communications solutions out there, and new ones popping up every year. But we keep hearing about Weave from our clients, so we decided to take a closer look at it for you.
Weave Dental Software is a comprehensive suite of communication, billing, and patient management tools. It’s designed to simplify office operations while also improving the patient experience. And it succeeds in doing both things remarkably well!
In this Weave Dental Software review, we’ll look at the features, pricing, drawbacks, and genuine user reviews to see how it stacks up against competitors. Let’s explore how Weave Dental can transform your practice for the better!
What Is Weave Dental Software?
Weave is a software solution built to boost the communication and operational efficiency of dental practices like yours. Offering a wide range of features, including:
- Internet-based (VoIP) phone service
- Integrated text messaging
- Digital payments (including text-to-pay)
- Automated appointment and recall reminders
- Online review management
- Online scheduling
- Convenient mobile app
- Insurance Verification
Weave’s software solutions transform your customer journey from first contact to payments and follow-ups. It integrates with most dental practice management software solutions to instantly load patient information, like their name, co-pays, and treatment history, for your front desk team during phone calls. That means fewer miscommunications and less time searching through records or putting patients on hold.
Weave Dental Software also helps you automate many processes, like appointment scheduling, appointment reminders, insurance verification, and payment requests. It can be a lifesaver for overworked and underappreciated front desk teams, and patients love the convenience.
Key Features Of Weave For Dental Practices
Weave Dental Software’s functionality transforms dental practice operations and enhances patient engagement. Let’s take a deeper look at some game-changing features of this all-in-one communication software for dental offices.
Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) Phone Service
Weave uses an internet-based phone service that replaces your standard landline. It’s a critical feature that allows Weave to communicate with your practice software, enables 2-way text messaging, and lets you save money on phone bills since unlimited calls are included with your service.
Overall, the VOiP is less of a feature and more of a necessity. It does mean that if the internet goes down, you can temporarily lose phone service, which is one negative some users call out. But in most cases, you won’t notice a difference, and the benefits of Weave’s other features far outweigh any downside here.
Missed Call Text Messages
VoIP lets phone calls and text messages run through the same system, so when you miss a call, Weave can automatically send a follow-up message to the person who called you.
It may seem like a minor feature, but it’s one of the most-mentioned features in online reviews of Weave. And we can understand why. That simple automated message makes a massive difference in keeping patients happy and streamlining your team’s workflow.
2-Way Text Messaging
Weave lets you send and receive text messages from within their desktop or mobile apps. This is great for sending automated messages triggered by a time or action — like an appointment reminder 24 hours before the appointment, following up on an unpaid bill, or reminding a patient that they’re due for a cleaning.
In a study published by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), over 85% of patients “preferred text updates compared with email, phone calls, or patient portal messages” for receiving vital communications from their doctors.
Text messaging makes communication easier for both the dental office and the patient. And Weave makes it easy to include text messaging as a cornerstone of your patient communication strategy.
Easy Payment Options
Weave lets your patients pay in your office using a credit card terminal, remotely via text message (text to pay), or using a credit or debit card stored securely in their account.
Text to Pay is another one of users’ preferred features. One testimonial on their website claims that 80% of their patients are paying within 24 hours! This feature can boost cash flow and save valuable time your team wastes chasing down payments via phone calls and emails.
By showing your patients available appointments, you can fill gaps in your schedule to keep your office running at full speed. On your end, it helps you increase efficiency and income. And your patients can easily book appointments around their schedule without going back and forth on the phone. This feature feels like a win-win for your practice and your patients.
Detailed Call Analytics
At HIP, we secret shop orthodontic practices daily. So, we know just how common it is for the office to miss or fail to return calls. It’s an often overlooked problem, costing practices millions of dollars annually.
Weave’s VoIP system lets you track all your call stats, like call volume, missed calls, and placed calls. It even records calls for you to see how well your team is following call scripts or resolving patient issues. It’s a robust call suite that gives you all the data you need to make your front desk more profitable.
Insurance verification is a relatively new feature on Weave, but it’s already making a big difference for dental practices. In the past, patients could send in a photo of their insurance card beforehand to let you verify their information in advance, which was already a time-saver for your team.
But now, the app can automatically verify your patient’s insurance information with the provider. Then, it will update their policy information in your patient management software. It’s all automated and saves your team even more time. We have yet to test this feature, but your team will love it, assuming it works as advertised!
Mobile & Desktop Apps
Weave lives on all your devices simultaneously. It’s a web-based app, so when you update something on your office computer, it’s instantly reflected in the mobile app. Your team can schedule appointments, text patients, request payments, or do just about anything without being in the office.
Of course, like any software that serves medical offices, data security is concern #1 for Weave. Their software allows you to simplify your business while maintaining HIPAA compliance, so you don’t have to worry about putting your patients’ private data at risk.
Weave Dental Pricing and Plans
Weave doesn’t publish current pricing on the website. You’ll need to reach out to them directly to confirm the prices we’ll quote here. There are 3 plans listed, however, and here is a basic breakdown of your options:
- Essentials — This is Weave’s most affordable plan, and multiple sources report that it costs $399 per month (subject to change), plus a $750 setup fee. Essentials includes most of the core functionality but doesn’t include some of the most-loved features, like missed call texting, online scheduling, digital forms, and review requests. It’s still powerful software but a significant investment for software missing some key features.
- Pro — The Pro level is reported to cost just $100/month more, and it does include both missed call texting, review management, and team chat functionality. The missed call texting alone may be worth the cost of the upgrade. But it’s still missing online scheduling and insurance verification.
- Elite — The Elite package gives you access to everything Weave offers, including the new insurance verification feature. We could not confirm the price, but whatever it is, it’s likely to be worth the extra investment.
When running a dental practice, squeezing in one more patient per day or eliminating one no-show daily could easily earn back the monthly investment quickly. And that’s not to mention the time and energy it can save you when it comes to staffing, lost leads, and a dozen other places where you’re bleeding revenue.
Weave Dental User Reviews
Weave has a strong reputation with its user base online, scoring 4.5 out of 5 stars on G2, 4./5 on Capterra, and 4.2 on getapp.com. Generally, you’ll hear users singing the praises of this dental management software, but there are some drawbacks and concerns.
Here’s a recap of what users had to say:
The Best Of Weave:
- Users consistently praise the convenience of text messaging, particularly the missed call text functionality. This is the #1 mentioned feature among positive reviewers.
- They like that caller ID information pops up immediately so they know who they are talking to and can access their treatment history and prior communications quickly.
- The fact that Weave integrates simply with their existing practice management software is a big selling point for many users.
- Several users report that Weave’s payment options have increased the speed of collections and made their jobs much easier.
- The mobile app and the ability to do almost anything outside the office is a game-changer for many practices.
The Worst Of Weave:
- Issues with customer service, experiencing long wait times, or unhelpful support are recurring themes.
- Some users have encountered technical problems, such as glitches or slow performance. Often, this is due to poor internet service or temporary internet outages.
- One user mentioned feeling pressured by pushy sales tactics.
Is Weave Right For You?
Only you can decide what software is best to optimize your dental practice’s operations and customer service. But you do need to choose a solution, or you risk being left behind as your competitors become more and more efficient.
Weave is a robust and comprehensive solution that enhances your practice management solutions. If implemented and embraced by your team, it will make a difference in your practice quickly.